Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mutually Exclusive?

Can I tell you that I hate school Open House and still have you think that I'm a good parent?

Or are the two things mutually exclusive?

Whatever...I hate Open House.

I know my kids love it, and maybe even the teachers love it. But for me, it's just two hours of looking at dioramas (and you all know my feelings about those), art projects, and other "stuff" that I just know is all going to end up in my home in, count down with me, TWELVE more days. Yes, my kids are so excited to tell me that they have TWELVE more days of school. They tell me every day how the number of their school days are numbered...as well as the days of my sanity.

I don't know what I'm going to do this summer, but I'm suspecting that steriods (for me) are going to play a role.

Sigh.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures of Open House.

Harry's class performed some Ballroom Dancing (that was actually pretty cool)


Then the parents got to learn (I know, enough with the headbands already Brooke)



Maggie's class had a plethora of art projects. Here she is next to a chimpanzee she made out of paper. Won't this look nice in my living room in TWELVE days?


Here's Charlie with his life-sized painted self. This is already looking nice in my living room.


And Joe drew this pretty cool drawing of Charlie Brown and Snoopy. This actually might make it up on the wall in my house.


In other news, doesn't this site just make you happy? It sure does me....

See, Mom, the cupcake pincushion IS cute!

And what about these little beauties? I mean, if you're going to way over-pay for a business at the height of the California Real estate market, shouldn't you at least get some lockers for your house out of the deal? They made their way home from Cold Stone a couple of weeks ago and met up with some red spray paint. I think it's funny that Joe keeps his locked up. I wonder what he keeps in there?

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I like the headbands! They look cute on you. I think I look 12 years old when I wear them, but you should keep wearing them!

kmk said...

Your blog posts always have me cracking up!!! So I am not alone in my feelings for open house, I see. And I only have ONE in elementary so far! I can't imagine with 4 or more in.

Jenna said...

As a former teacher (for all of six heavily supervised months), I can tell you that teachers hate Open House as much as you do. It makes for an exceptionally long work day, they don't get overtime, and they have to spend time talking to the adults they usually try to avoid at all costs...that's why they work with children, after all.

And you are a fantastic mother.