Monday, March 12, 2012

I Think I Can, I Think I Can, I Think I Can

I Think I Can, I Think I Can, I Think I Can, OK, here goes:

Guess who had a birthday?



That's right! Jack turned three in style.



We, of course, had cupcakes.



And some other, non-traditional January food. But when you're three and you ask for corn and watermelon on your birthday, that's exactly what you get....especially when you look so cute eating it.






And then, a month later, we had another big birthday...big as in TEENAGER big birthday.



Here is John taking care of the wrapping paper trash and Maggie just looking cute.



Speaking of Maggie, she made Joe this lovely two layer cake all by herself.



Well, she had a little help from her brothers:





As part of his birthday celebrations, Joe invited a couple of friends to EFY in Santa Barbara. Here he is enjoying the benefits of having a mother who buys neck ties by the dozen.



Sadly, two days after the big birthday, my dear Grandma LaRue passed away. She was a wonderful woman who taught me so many things. I am sad that she is gone, but happy that she is no longer in pain.



I wasn't able to attend her funeral as I had already made plans to visit my sister Chelsea who had just had her first baby. We had a lovely weekend snuggling with little Nash...such a cute baby.




And Friday, just three weeks after the passing of my Grandma, my Grandpa, her husband of over sixty years, passed away as well. I am so sad to have them both gone from our lives so quickly. But I am happy that they are together again.



Tomorrow I'm taking the kids on the train, and we'll all travel together up to Oregon together for the funeral. One mom, six kids, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.... I guess I'll let you know.

3 comments:

Valerie Earnest said...

I'm glad you'll be able to go. Marcus will be there sans kids, so make him help you. Wish I could be there....
Happy birthday to your kids! Everyone's getting so old. It needs to stop now.

April said...

The train! How fun! You can do it, it will be fun:) You have such great kids they will all help out and I know like everyone has an "i" something so you will be good to go! Let's get together when you get back! Safe travels

Joe said...

Brooke,
I am so sorry to hear your grandparents passed. It amazes me when married couples pass so close together. They are blessed to be together. <3
Joe, Ian and Brennan look grown up and their ties crack me up! Studs!
And...I love the name Nash. Very cool. :)