Monday, February 25, 2008

Harry The Guidance Couselor


You can't tell from the picture, so I'll have to explain. This morning Harry wanted to set up a desk and be a teacher. So we got the desk, the paper, the pens, and the apple. He set himself up and then saw Charlie walking by, dressed as a Cowboy. He called him into his office and the conversation went something like this:

Harry: "So, you want to be a cowboy?"

Charlie: "yep"

Harry: "Okay, well it's pretty tricky. You're going to need to get a vest. And some chaps. And then, when you get a little bigger, you'll need a horse, and a rope. Do you still want to be a cowboy?"

Charlie: "yep"

Harry: "Okay, I'll get the paperwork started."


Harry then proceeds to write "Cawboy" on a paper and hand it to the "Cowboy Teacher" (me). Charlie goes back to playing cowboy, paying no attention whatsoever to Harry's suggestions.
Just thought you might enjoy that exchange this morning...it made me smile!

4 comments:

SLO Rober said...

That kids is so intuitive!

Alyssa said...

only harry would do that.... :)

Mae said...

Oh my gosh! That's so funny! And you write it so well. Between your kids and your writing style, you have Class A publishable material.

By the way, I always played teacher, too. I remember handing out report cards to the parents when they came to collect their children (who were my age or slightly younger). If only I could accurately recall the looks on their faces when I told them Amy needed to improve her spelling, but she was very good at coloring.

V and Co. said...

i love that kid! too cute for words! i can't wait to see what he turns out like as an older kid!