Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Joe!

Today we celebrated Joe's 38th Birthday. (Can you believe I'm married to someone SO old? :)) This year for his birthday and mine (coming up next month) we decided to forgo presents and buy ourselves iPhones instead. So, even though he got his "present" over a month ago, we (the kids and I) thought it was necessary to have an iPhone themed party, complete with an iPhone cake! (I'm so excited birthday cake season is coming up in my family....I love decorating fun cakes!)


Anyway, here are some pictures of the party. ( And yes, for some reason, Harry has a mustache, and Joe has a tattoo).




Oh, after the party, Harry asked if he could "shove his face in the cake". He's asked this many times before, but I'm usually so greedy with the cake that I can't stand to see it wasted. This time however, I let him do me a favor and go for it. You see, I was recently diagnosed with gestational diabetes (I also had it when I was pregnant with John, so it wasn't too surprising), and so I can't have any sugar from now until the baby comes. I'm usually able to withstand, but I decided half an iPhone cake sitting around would be too much temptation. So, we let Harry go wild. As you can see, he had a great time!

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

you are amazing. I blogged about how amazing this cake is. Hope you are doing well without the sugar.

Darin said...

Sorry about the gestational diabetes. That's so sad. Although, I could probably benefit from a sugar break as well. That cake is crazy! It's amazing. Your kids are just cute and funny. We wish we were closer to enjoy it all with you. Happy birthday to Joe. He is totally old now! Can't wait to see what his cake looks like in two years. You'll have to start the sketches now!

Annee said...

That comment was from me!

Taylor and Chelsea Cotter said...

Awesome Cake Brooke! I think I would rather have the cake phone than the real phone. I love that Joe (IV) looks like a gangsta and Harry looks like an Italian... its pretty much the best photo ever! Love it.

PS Sugar is so overrated.

SLO Rober said...

great cake! This is going to sound odd, but I think it's great you have another baby on the way because the family looks so small in that picture!

joeandcarole said...

Well Joe B III,
Since Dad and I are the ones to clearly remember that infamous day in 1970, actually 2 weeks before you were due to grace our family, but, since you weighed 8 lbs 7 oz I think you really couldn't stay scrunched up in there any longer, we have to say it's been a great 38years with you as our "First born in the wilderness". Every minute with you as our son has been a miracle and a joy. Now, with your amazing wife and exceptional "Five" children, you do bring so much joy to our lives.
We love you and yours!