Wednesday, August 27, 2008

School, Wonderful School

Well, the day finally arrived! School started yesterday! (This is as much an accomplishment for me as for my children...it means I survived another summer!) Joe, Maggie and Harry all went off to school excitedly and happily. I feel so lucky to have children that (so far) are excited about school. The jury is actually still out on how much Harry will enjoy school once the novely wears off, but for now,"kindergarten is totally awesome!" in his words. You'll notice he had to wear his new leather jacket on the first day...not caring a bit that it was supposed to be 80 degrees that day! The first picture below shows him coming out of the classroom and waiting in line to go home....jacket still on. The second picture shows him finally relenting and simply carrying the jacket. I'm just glad he and the jacket made it home together!


As for me, I'm enjoying four hours a day with just two children at home. Charlie will start pre-school next week, and then I'll be down to one! John will probably wander around the house like an abandoned little soul. Oh well, we'll deal. :)

6 comments:

Taylor and Chelsea Cotter said...

nice work surviving one more summer! I love Harry's jacket and I probably would have done the same. Also are there any boys in his class? All the pictures show lots of girls. John will be okay I am sure.

PS i like maggies leggings!

V and Co. said...

yes kyle keeps asking if it's time to pick up nathan and ryan every other minute...can't wait for him to go to preschool which then katie and i will par-tay like it's 1999!

SLO Rober said...

I love Joe's swagger/pose in the picture. He's so grown up!

Annee said...

I love the first day of school! And yes indeed it is an accomplishment to make it through another summer!! Your kids are starting to look so old. I guess that means mine are too.

Team Clark said...

What a great change to just have 1-2 kids at home for a chunk of the day. I'm sure the summer was very long with all 5 of them all day long!
Congrats!

joeandcarole said...

Yea for the 1st day of school! After all those years of being on the teaching side, I love being on the grandma side, watching and hearing all those fun experiences from each of them. Kindy is particularly special, Harry, since it's all brand new and shiny, AND you have the very best Kindergarten teacher ever!!!Mags and Joe, you are off to great starts too. I'm so glad you like your teachers.
It's nice to "sit" home and wait to hear what each day brings,or to hang out with John and/or Charlie and have some great one on ones!
We are so proud of all of you!
Love you lots....