Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I've Had A Birthday, Shout Hooray! (and some other stuff too)

So I turned 33 last Sunday. Now I'm one year old and wiser too! (as the song goes)
We had a nice day (as nice a day as a mother of six can have on a Sunday...really the longest day of them all)
Thanks to Grandma Carole for organizing a dinner, and letting FIVE kids help her make it. They were pretty happy, and so was I.



We've gone through a bit of a dry spell in the costume area. Harry has somewhat grown out of the game. He'll still put them on, but not every day like he used to. Luckily for all of us, there seems to be a never-ending supply of 2 year old boys at my house who have fallen in love with the costume collection. Here are a few shots of John as a garbage man one day, and a car washing fireman the next. This kid's got a smile like none other.








And, I've been trying to get back into some sewing. Today I spent THREE hours putting these ruffles on the bodice of this dress. IT TOOK FOREVER. I had to give up and put it away for awhile. I've made several versions of this dress and thought some ruffles would be fun. Fun is not the exact word I'd use to describe it now, but hopefully I'll like the end result. Don't mind the weird duct tape dress form. That's a story for another day, but basically, it involves being wrapped up in saran wrap and duct tape. It's a useful tool for sewing for one's self, but VERY humbling to see a cast of your body in duct tape. I should be hitting the gym and not the sewing machine!





So, Happy Tuesday, here's to birthdays, costumes and sewing!

3 comments:

melissa said...

Belated happy day to you and Charlie! Hooray for September birthdays :)! John has completely stolen my heart- he makes me want a little boy so badly. His little face is just precious. So those ruffles are a beast, huh?! I saw a version of the t-shirt project with the ruffles down the middle like that and thought that would be super cute and not too hard?! Bummer. 3 hours of frustration would not be worth the effort for a $5 shirt. The dress however I think will be- so cute!

Taylor and Chelsea Cotter said...

I am LOVING the RUFFLE DRESS! SO cute Brooke. I want one too. John is ridiculously cute.

Team Clark said...

Brooke! Wow. That's amazing. You're amazing, lady!
And I'm glad that your costumes are still well loved!