Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Spoiler Alert

SPOILER ALERT!
If you've been telling your kids that you're not going to get them a pet and using me as an example of someone who doesn't let their kids have a pet, stop reading now.

Also, if you're like my sister Chelsea who hates it when people post pictures of their pets, stop reading now.

Okay, anybody left?

So, yeah, I broke down and let the kids get a pet.

Meet Kit Kat...






I'm not now, nor have I ever been a "cat person". But with six kids and a tiny yard, we decided this was a better option than a puppy.

The oddest thing we've discovered in this venture is how much my husband enjoys this animal. I didn't know that about him. I find him playing with her even when all the kids are in bed. Last night I was nodding off in bed and he came into the room with the cat in hand and said, "she's crying...what should I do?" I rolled my eyes and said, "put her in her bed...she's a cat...or rock her to sleep if you want...I've had enough babies, I'm going to sleep".

And that's exactly what I did.

7 comments:

Taylor and Chelsea Cotter said...

oh brooke! how could you agree to this? oh well at least your kids are happy! good luck! next time I visit I will try to be kind to her.

Valerie said...

I think she's cute- I love cats but obviously Marcus is not a cat person. Is it an Earnest thing? How did you escape it?
Enjoy the new pet, and by the way- I posted this on your FB but I got the package two days ago.... thanks for thinking of us- it's a real help!

kmk said...

That is so adorable. But I'm a cat person. I love it that you found out a new thing about your husband, after 6 kids!

Annee said...

I can't wait for Darin to see this. I will NEVER own a dog. NEVER. But I have been wondering if I could ever own a cat, for the sake of the children.

But seriously, I can't believe you did it. It's good. You didn't have enough that you were responsible for. What if you were getting all idle and lazy?! I'm glad YOU didn't rock the cat to sleep.

Team Clark said...

She's adorable and I'm so glad you got one. Now I can pet her and love her when I come to visit.
And that is completely surprising about Joe. He never liked our cats growing up - at least I don't think he did. Very interesting...
Grandma Carole says:
Yeah! Can't wait to meet her! Miss you and love you -
Tell Maggie that I miss her and I'm excited to see her, too.
Joe IV - keep her purring!

V and Co. said...

BAHAHA! i can TOTALLY see that conversation being played out.

i'm not really a "pet" person, but look at me, i have a freakin' farm going on over here. so one kitty is nothing.

Taylor said...

i can't believe you got a cat...hahaha.... keep her nail trimmed.

alyssa