Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Vote of Confidence

I'm substitute teaching in Harry's primary class tomorrow. As I was preparing the lesson today, I found him hovering about and asking lots of questions about the lesson. I thought he just wanted to be prepared, so he could act like he knew all the answers to all the questions.

Later, during dinner, he was staring off into space...completely absorbed in his own little world. I asked him what he was thinking about. He replied with conviction, "I'm just so worried about my primary class tomorrow!" I replied to him, "What do you mean, it's not going to be hard" (thinking he was worried about knowing all the answers). To which he countered,

"I'm not worried about me! You've never taught a primary class before...how are you going to know how to do it right?!?"

Geez Harry, thanks for the vote of confidence. I think my life experience has somewhat prepared me to teach 6 six year olds for one hour. Coincidentally, the lesson is on honoring and obeying your parents. On second thought...maybe I'm not as prepared as I thought.

3 comments:

Taylor and Chelsea Cotter said...

haha. i think you got this one in the bag brooke, but good luck anyhow.

Annee said...

Oh boy, I hope you didn't disappoint Harry. I love those kinds of questions. I get them all the time...

"Mom, do you even know what you're doing?!"

V and Co. said...

okay just spent a better 15 minutes laughing my butt off on all your "mothering" posts. i just got done writing out experience cutting down our christmas tree. which is scheduled to post tomorrow morning.
good times...gooooooood times.