Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Eleven Years In The Making

A better day for a birthday could not have been asked for today. It was sunny and clear here on California's Central Coast, and this young man celebrated his eleventh birthday in beautiful style.

He got checked out of school early to enjoy lunch on the patio at Firestone, and was excited with his "year-long" birthday present from Grandpa Steve and Grandma Lark. "The best part is, I get to get something in the mail EVERY month, and it will be addressed to me! I never get mail!"




He was in good enough spirits to even let his sister borrow his new hat for a while:



An afternoon off from school to play NBA2K10, and Grandpa Joe and Grandma Carole over for dinner and birthday brownies:





And a Laker game on TV tonight to boot!

As we were driving home from lunch, I merged into the turning lane, and Joe asked me how I knew when to get into that lane. I answered his question and asked why he was so interested. "Well, it's only four years until I can start driving...I figure I'd better start paying attention." Oh boy, everybody better buckle up...we're in for a bumpy ride!

3 comments:

Taylor and Chelsea Cotter said...

1. Happy Birthday Joe!!
2. All these boys have long hair!
3. I like Joe's sweater
4. I like the look Harry has going on with the tshirt under the open stripped shirt.
5. Where was Joe's Happy Birthday Banner? is it just up to high to be seen in the picture?
6. Have fun with the whole driving thing Brooke!

Team Clark said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry I'm so lame and I haven't told you that yet...
You're great!
Love you!

joeandcarole said...

Yea Joe B! You have waited a long time for this 11th birthday, haven't you? Thanks for letting us come over for dinner and yummy chocolate cupcakes. So that's why he asks us so much about driving and directions while in the car! Are you ready for that? 4 years goes by in a twinkling!
Love you guys!