Monday, March 29, 2010

Just a little glimpse

It's five o'clock here and I've already run the dishwasher twice.

I've made hot chocolate, cereal, waffles, macaroni and cheese, pizza, toast and top ramen. I've peeled oranges, cut up watermelon and apples. I've poured countless cups of chocolate milk and diet coke.

I didn't get dressed until noon.

I've dressed children up as Indiana Jones and the Ingalls children. I've assisted in "science" experiements that require baking soda, vinegar and food coloring. I've downloaded songs from legalsounds for Joe, and gone "fishing" with John.

Today is the first day of a fourteen-day long spring "break" from school. More like a spring "work" for mom. I can't really complain though...I just returned from a five day long trip to Utah with my mom and dad, and WITHOUT any of my children. It was pure bliss...just long enough to relax and really miss them before I came back. I wish there was a way to store up patience and energy, but I guess it doesn't really work that way.

How many times a day do you think the word "mom" is spoken in my house? I'm seriously considering getting one of those little counter thingies like they use and Costco and clicking it every time I hear it? Any estimates?

Well, time to go....Charlie just came in crying and telling me that the song Maggie was playing on the piano has given him a headache. Harry has just brought me a flyer he made for a "science club" to be held at our house this week. He wants me to make 30 copies for him to take around to all the kids in the neighborhood. Just what I need...more kids at my house. At least THEY won't be able to call me mom.

Happy Spring Break!

3 comments:

Joe said...

I hear ya, sister! I think "Mom" is spoken 300 times per day...I'll anxiously be awaiting the correct answer to see if I'm close. :)

Joe and Monica DuPaix said...

hello brooke---wow, that's a long spring break! i, too, just returned from a trip to utah, just maddy and i. i wish i would have seen you! good luck---we are on spring break too! what will we do everyday all day? oh boy!

Team Clark said...

That's funny. I saw your most recent post (although I haven't read it yet) and realized that I needed to back up and read the first one.
I'm sure that your kids say mom at least a couple hundred times.
And I know what you mean - when you sit down at the computer it's like every child is given a little prompting to rush over to take your attention (or also when you're on the phone).
PS I have a friend named Brooke who lived in our neighborhood, but right now she and her husband are at school in Massachusetts. That's who also commented on my blog... :) Your comment about her made me laugh, though!