Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Rest Of The Story

And now, for the rest of the story:
Our two weeks of spring break were well spent. We started with a lovely Easter morning breakfast provided by dad (who found a great recipe for creme brule french toast). Because Easter fell on General Conference this year, we enjoyed a morning at home without getting dressed up in all the traditional Easter garb. I did make all the boys put on their pink shirts for breakfast though....Charlie was not impressed.

From Spring Break 2010 Pictures


Monday morning at five a.m., I put all the kids in the car and started the trek to Arizona. They all did awesome....it took us ten hours and only two stops to make the six hundred mile journey. We settled in to the hotel and enjoyed some swimming. I didn't even try and count the number of times people counted my kids as we paraded through the hotel, or the number of times I heard, "wow, you've got your hands full", or "you sure are a brave woman". The kids were great and really stuck to our motto: "DON'T MAKE MOM LOOK LIKE A CRAZY LADY."

We met up with Aunt Chelsea and a variety of Earnest cousins. The Allen family treated us to an awesome barbecue and horse and carriage ride through the streets of Mesa. My kids were uber-impressed.

From Spring Break 2010 Pictures










Wednesday found us driving into Phoenix to pick up dad at the airport. I finally took a deep breath and relaxed a little.

Thursday was spent at Jump Street - an awesome indoor trampoline center. They had all variety of bouncing apparatus....I even got in on the action!







We enjoyed swimming with the Earnest cousins...these boys think they're pretty cool:


Finally, we finished up with a very entertaining evening at Organ Stop Pizza...an old favorite destination of the Brundage family trips to Phoenix. I don't know exactly what I was expecting, but it was SO fun. Probably the best night of the trip. The kids so enjoyed seeing the giant organ and all the pipes and paraphernalia.







We made the trip back on Saturday...which took us a little longer and a few more stops, and had Sunday to settle back into life before school started back up.

I've rested for the past three days and enjoyed the pure bliss of putting my four oldest children on the school bus every morning and snuggling back up in bed with the littlest two.

And that, for now, is the rest of the story.

5 comments:

Joe said...

LOVE the photos!!! Especially the one of you on the trampoline - that was seriously awesome!
I get those same crazy comments from people and usually I handle it well, but one day, I'm sure I'll blow it and respond back with something not very nice. ;)
And I get the SAME ones, so funny! "Wow, you've got your hands full." or "You are so brave." LOL

Valerie said...

We had fun with you guys! Glad you made it back safely. Thanks for hanging out with us.

Team Clark said...

Wow - how much fun. It makes me want to go to Arizona!
The funny thing about the comments from strangers is that I get them, too! And I only have 1/2 of your group.
So that's great you went to Oregon stop pizza - we used to go there all the time and we loved it, but honestly I only vaguely remember it. I was pretty young back in those days. I think it would be neat to see it now, though.
Who is the little girl in the photo with a little boy - she looks like she would be Alyssa's daughter, but Alyssa's daughter isn't that old, is she?
Anyways - glad you had a fun time and then you're back into your routine!

Brooke said...

Amy- The little girl is Emma,my brother Marcus's little girl. She just turned five. The boy is her brother Kyle. Yes, she does look like she should be Alyssa's child...which is funny because Alyssa's daughter, Ada, doesn't look anything like her!

V and Co. said...

dude next time just tell me and i'll make sure i'm on the main drag so we can go and eat or shop somewhere! ANYTIME!!!!
looks like you had fun!!!