Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Little Catch Up

Well, I finally gave up and went back to my steroids....wow....what a difference! I guess I'll just worry about my melted bones sometime later in life. I'm sure there will be a period of time where I won't be quite so busy. (Insert sarcasm sign here)

So, since last we spoke, school got out...
the kids thought it would be fun to do a before and after shot...
so here's the before...


And the after (they all wore the same clothes except for Joe who insists that he outgrew his t-shirt):


We had a great school year, for the most part. Everyone is ready for summer though. I'm sure enjoying the not packing lunches and hurrying the kids out the door at eight a.m. Of course, when the doorbell rang at 9:30 a.m. on the first day without school, revealing friends that wanted to come over and play, I remembered some of the reasons I was dreading summer. But, we're starting to figure out a schedule...Joe IV actually started working at Cold Stone yesterday. He went in for a training shift, and now is asking me about every 30 seconds when he can go back and work some more. Technically, he's obviously not old enough to work, but when your parents own the shop, some of the rules get bent a bit. He's certainly as tall as almost all the girls who work there! It was fun to look on the security camera and see him helping customers. The cupcake business is doing well and keeping me busy. I've got a great babysitter coming in a couple days a week so I can go in and keep on top of that. It's fun to have an outlet to put some energy into. Joe IV helped me to redesign my website a bit...check it out at www.onalarkcupcakes.com. We've been experimenting with some new flavors...my new favorite is the Smore's cupcake....all the fun of smores without the hassle of a campfire!

Sunday we celebrated Fathers Day with Dad and Grandpa... I made these little badges for the kids to wear to church. They were pretty cute.

Then we had grandpa over for dinner and dessert. It was a lovely day for everyone.



We tried to get everyone in this shot, but a couple of boys couldn't be bothered to look up from the ipad:


So, we're off to enjoy the summer...no vacations planned, just sticking close to home and working hard. Two days down....I don't even want to think about how many to go!

1 comments:

Taylor and Chelsea Cotter said...

Your website looks great Brooke!