Monday, July 11, 2011

All Fuzzy and Dreamy

See this picture I took with my iphone this evening? I was leaving Costco, and just had to snap a picture of the image across the street. Yes, it's fuzzy and kind of dreamy looking, but that's a pretty good representation of how I feel about a TARGET opening only two miles from my home! Fuzzy and dreamy...like it's not really happening. But, it is...and today I learned that it will be opening not on the 24th of July like I had originally thought, but will actually open on the 18th of July. So, today is the eleventh of July, which gives me exactly seven days to figure out how I'm going to be able to live so close to a Target and still maintain a semblance of black ink in my checkbook.

This fall, it will have been 17 years since I moved to SLO to go to Cal Poly. I was 17 at the time....so I guess that's half my life at this point. But in all my 34 years, I've NEVER lived this close to a Target. Oh...I'm getting all fuzzy and dreamy just thinking about it now.

5 comments:

Annee said...

Half your life in SLO?! I've never lived within 5 minutes of a Target either. Good luck with that. Ha! Ha!

Steve Earnest said...

Brooke...it's a store!

Brooke said...

Dad-would you say that about a golf course? Come on, we all have our weaknesses, right? But thanks for the comment...to get one from you is a big deal!:)

April said...

All I have to say is, "Ditto", see you there!!

joeandcarole said...

But Steve, it's "that" store. Actually we have no store other than Costco and grocery stores in our town. This is a major advancement to our community!! I'm with you Brooke!