Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Sad Goodbye

Remember this sweet little boy? You know, the one who loves all things trucks?The one who waits with such anticipation for garbage day? The one who had a garbage truck cake for his third birthday, and then dressed up as a garbage can for Halloween?






And then the next year was a UPS man for Halloween,



And celebrated his fourth birthday at the wrecking yard?



He's gone....lost forever to the dark side....and replaced with this scary little character:



I guess it was only a matter of time with three older brothers who have of late immersed themselves fully into the world of Star Wars. I guess the pressure was just too much....but after two years of this truck obsession, I was holding out hope that George Lucas was not going to get his hands on this little guy. But alas..a youngling become he has....

Luckily, I still have this little truck-lover to keep me happy....I'm sure it's only a matter of time for him too...but I'm sure going to enjoy him while I can!

2 comments:

Taylor and Chelsea Cotter said...

Hahaha this cracks me up!!

joeandcarole said...

What a cute little guy he was, before he turned to the dark side! He'll be back.

I can't believe how much Jack has grown up during the month I was gone. I love his shoes though!