Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Kidisms

Yesterday Charlie asked me what was for dinner. I said, "casserole", he said, "oh...I don't like "cass-a-rolls", ...I like cinnamon rolls". I thought that was pretty amusing.

Today on the way home from school, Joe said he got a 97% on his math test....he only missed one problem. He said the angle was obtuse, but it really looked like a right angle to him. He said it must have been like "90.1 degrees or something". I said, "don't you have a protractor?", to which he wistfully replied, "I wish!". I just thought that was a funny thing for a nine year old to wish for. It made me smile.

I also came home from piano lessons to find Harry in his underwear and Charlie wearing Harry's clothes. I asked for an explanation. I got one. Apparently, they had been playing Nephi and Laban. Charlie, as Nephi, had "killed" Laban (Harry) and taken his clothes to disquise himself in order to get the plates of brass. The most amusing part, I thought, was that they weren't wearing costumes, just their regular clothes. Still, it seemed an important part of the game to exchange clothes, costumes or not.


Someday I'll catch up on all the Spring Break Stuff....but I had to record these little bits of our day.

6 comments:

Grandpa Steve said...

I've been waiting patiently for you to update your blog...Thanks...I really enjoy reading it...

Team Clark said...

Love it! Love it, love it, love it. And I love you all. Your family makes me smile.
Last night I looked through my old pictures for a while and it was fun to see your home over the years - how it's changed. It's also fun to see how the kids have changed and grown.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Annee said...

Good job for writing it down. I love the Nephi and Laban story. Of course wishing for a protractor was pretty funny as well. Kids grow up too fast. We need to see you guys before we leave the country!!

V and Co. said...

ahahaha! love it! especially, well no i love it all!

joeandcarole said...

Pretty clever kids!
Charlie, I'm with you...I like cinnamon rolls the best also.
And, I love the way Harry and Charlie are learning about Book of Mormon stories by getting right into the story.
Joe, I'll look for my protractor for you.
It must be in a box somewhere.
Love you guys,
Grandma Carole