Friday, April 18, 2008

Spring Break







Yes, Spring Break was over a month ago....but I've just now found the time to download the pictures and blog about it!


Being business owners, I find that leaving town for any lengthly period of time is a tricky thing to do.(espcially during times when all your employees want to leave town - holidays, spring break, etc) But I hate for my kids to just be bored the entire time they're out of school, so I tried to plan a couple of day trips to keep them busy.
One day, we went to Gilroy Gardens, about two hours north of us. This is a small, family oriented theme park up in the hills between Gilroy and the ocean. We had so much fun! My kids are not big thrill seekers, so the rides here were perfect. Some of them even had height restrictions where you had to be UNDER a certain height. (Joe did not find this amusing, as he was too tall to go on a couple) But, I've figured out the secret to going to a theme park and actually enjoying it - here it is: leave the baby at home with grandma, and take your babysitter with you!
This picture makes me smile - it's like a flash forward to days when I'll be sitting in the back seat while my children drive. Notice my crossed arms, in an effort not to reach up and take the wheel!




We also took a quick trip to the Family Fun Center in Santa Maria, for mini-golfing and go-kart driving... The kids really enjoyed this trip as well.




And finally, Harry baked a pie. He doesn't like pie - in fact no one in the family does, but for whatever reason, one day it was just SO IMPORTANT that we bake a pie. So, that's exactly what we did. Sometimes you just have days like that.

7 comments:

Annee said...

Of course when we are in California, we hope to work out a way to visit the Brundages. Many details are still unclear to us. Which is awsome considering Darin is flying away somewhere on June 7. But my family will be down in San Juan Capistrano the week of June 7-14. And we may be out there either ahead of that, or after that. We'll keep in touch. You did a good job for Spring break. It looks fun. And the pie is striking.

Mae said...

I LOVE Gilroy Gardens! Aren't those Circus trees cool! Any time you need a babysitter to go with you there, I'm on board!

Alyssa Lark said...

Looks like you guys had fun...and tell Harry, he can bake me a pie anytime...I love pie. Your background is so cute and fitting. Love you!

Alyssa Lark said...

where did you get that blue dress?? I want one.

Team Clark said...

Wow - it looks like you had a lot of fun. What good ideas you had.
By the way - you look beautiful, Brooke! And I mean it!
Amy

V and Co. said...

you are seriously a great mom.

joeandcarole said...

Gilroy Gardens looks really fun...so bright and colorful. Maybe Grandma could bring the baby and be his "handler". I think John would have fun following his siblings around.
Harry, Grandpa and I loved the apple pie. We are definitely happy that none of your family is into pie and we got to be the recipients. Absolutely yummy, especially that tasty crust.
Keep baking young man!
Love you,
Grandma Carole