Friday, October 31, 2008

I Was Right

I was right, I didn't get a single picture of Maggie dressed as Laura Ingalls Wilder tonight. Of course, that could be because she changed her mind and dressed as a cheerleader instead. (Why do I do this to myself every year? Will I never learn?)

We had a crazy busy day. The teachers were so smart and planned a teacher work day, which left me home alone with all five kids who wanted to carve pumpkins and make pretend headstones for our front yard. And, two weeks ago, it seemed like a great idea to invite the missionaries to dinner on Halloween. (And it was fun, but a bit hectic)

And at the end of the night, these were the only pictures I took. I think the cuteness of them makes up for how few they are. (Even if the other kids weren't in the pictures...I got one of most of them throughout this Halloween week)


Come on, pretty cute knight, right?
And now, at 9:56 at night, the Halloween Decorations are down, the Happy Birthday John banner is up, presents are wrapped and ready, and we're set to celebrate the big 2 with John!

5 comments:

melissa said...

The headstones were pretty fun- I loved all the names you guys came up with to put on them! And John was a very cute knight- I am glad you got pictures since he had already stripped down by the time we got there. Thanks for letting us take a potty/water break!

Happy Birthday to John- I can't believe he is 2 already! That means Finley is going to be 2 soon too! I really can't believe that.

I hope your mouth feels better soon! That did not look like fun at all.

SLO Rober said...

Thanks for having us. We always enjoy ourselves at your house. I hope we didn't add to the craziness.

Alyssa said...

So cute..... makes me sad Maggie changed her mind... I am sure she was a cute cheerleader too...

Annee said...

It's too hard to get the kids all dressed up AND take pictures! But what about little Joe? He's the only one we haven't seen what he was?

Team Clark said...

Oh - cute John! He's a knight, right? That's what Henry wanted to be, although in the end he wouldn't put his costume on at all (it was a pirate costume).
Glad you survived. And I think you're so funny the way you quickly clean up after the holidays...something our family isn't so quick to do... :)