Saturday, July 10, 2010

Bravery

Well, I may have committed myself to staying home for the entire summer, but these two brave people who are literally twice my age (sorry guys) did not. So when Grandpa Joe and Grandma Carole announced that they were going to make the thousand mile long drive to Uncle Nate and Aunt Kate's farm up in Washington, my three oldest seized the opportunity for a getaway and invited themselves along.



They left our house on Monday morning, traveled all day, stayed the night in Southern Oregon, and then traveled the rest of the way on Tuesday. I haven't heard much from them, which means they must be having too good of a time to call too often.

Here are a few pictures I received as text messages...the quality isn't great, but you get what you get. I'm sure they'll have lots more pictures when they return on Tuesday.









As for myself, I'm home with my second "set" of children. It's been fun to watch these three with their older siblings gone. The dynamic has certainly changed, and it will be interesting to see what happens when the first "set" returns. Well, maybe interesting isn't the word...maybe volatile is more the word I'm looking for. I guess only time will tell.

At any rate, thank you to Grandpa Joe and Grandma Carole...you are certainly more brave than I am this summer, and I'm sure my children will always remember this special time they got to spend with you.

We miss you guys!

2 comments:

Team Clark said...

Hey!
Great pictures. I wish we could have gone, too!
I hope they had a great time and I hope you enjoyed your time as a mother of 3!
Amy

joeandcarole said...

Gosh, we had a great time! I wouldn't be totally honest not to admit that we did get tired "now and then"...but not too much that a nights rest didn't catch us up for a new day! Joe, Maggie and Harry were super travelers, as long as we kept their electronic equipment organized, and had an outstanding time at Nathan's farm. They gathered eggs daily, "herded" the ducks around, fed the goats, and even tried their hands at mowing. Nate, Kate, Will and Sierra and Catherine 'Cat' (the "Nanny"...a good friend from SLO) were wonderful hosts, made us really feel at home in their 'country life.'
Thanks for sharing your 3 oldest with us Brooke. It was definitely a memorable 10 days!
We do love you all...