Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Kids Went to Washington For 10 Days And All I Got Was This Lousy Bowl of Fabric Strawberries



Seriously...I had HALF of my children gone, and what did I spend my time doing?

Making enough fabric strawberries to fill my trifle bowl.

For any particular reason, you ask?

No, they just looked pretty and made me happy, so I just kept making them.
(Thanks to Vanessa for the tutorial BTW)
Well, there were a few other things....

My take of "Subway" art that I see all around the internet, but in pillow form.



And then these little guys got delivered a few days ago, so it took some time to figure them out....



And then there was one other "little" thing.



That's the view from the head of my bed now. I mentioned to my husband a few weeks ago (while in the midst of an arthritic flare that just about did me in) that I might be more inclined to watch movies with him after the kids went to bed if he would watch them in our room where I could relax in my big comfy bed. To which he responded with distinct disdain in his voice, "on that TV? It's only 32 inches"

Oh the horror.

Thus began the quest for a new TV "for me". I have to admit, it's a pretty little thing. Well, "little" might not be the best word for it. But pretty it definately is.

2 comments:

Team Clark said...

It's all super cute and I'm happy you updated your bedroom tv. Now does Joe get to update the huge one in the downstairs tv room? Have you watched any movies in your room since the change?

joeandcarole said...

We love your new TV. It fits beautifully and is so perfect...for that corner, for viewing from your cool bed, and for watching exquisitely shown movies. ( I mean, it's a really, really fantastic screen...and this comment from those of us who have to view our ancient, small tv's!!)
Maybe you and Joe could go somewhere and we could stay with the children....in your room with your new TV!??! Think about that!!
Feel better!
Love you...