Monday, March 21, 2011

Do I complain about my kids enough?



I guess that's not really the question I should be asking, but rather, do I complain about my kids too much? Do I use this blog to lament about what terrible, awful, unruly, and disobedient children I have?

Well maybe I do, maybe I don't, but right now on this evening, I have the strongest desire to shout it out on the rooftops about what great,wonderful, smart, happy, funny, and lovely children I have.

Maybe it was the two parent teacher conferences I had today. I only had to have two because if your 4-6th graders are doing well, you don't even have to meet with their teachers. So, on this rainy morning when all I really wanted to do was to stay in bed, I had to pull myself out of bed to go and open up the cupcake shoppe.And then I had to head on over to the school to hear about how my kids are doing in school. And as I was driving over there, I thought to myself that for some parents, parent teacher conferences are something to worry about, or to not look forward to. It's exactly the opposite for me, and I know how lucky I am to feel that way.

When I arrived at the school, my older children immediately took charge of the youngers so I could hit the classrooms in peace. Nothing better than seeing your two year old son run into the arms of your ten year old daughter. He sure loves that girl. And in between conferences, I peaked into the book fair to see her sitting and reading books to the four year old. Pure parental bliss. Not to mention all the wonderful things the teachers said about my kids.

So, I'm taking this evening to revel in my children...in the good and the bad. I know they're not perfect, not even close, just like everyone. But tonight I want them to know how wonderful they are, and how blessed I feel to be their mother.

2 comments:

Team Clark said...

I second that - you do have wonderful kids!
And I don't remember you ever complaining about them.
And not only are they great, but look how beautiful they each are!
(I probably sound like my mom - boasting about them like I am...)

joeandcarole said...

Great story (antecdote?) about your kids. Please do revel in your children..we think they are actually better than great, they are really amazing!! But from the grandparents point of view we think each of our 11 and 7/9th's are adorable, clever and beyond outstanding! yes Amy... You do and I do!