Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Gimme a Break...A Cupcake Break That Is

Yesterday, I found myself in need of a cupcake break. I think it's a pretty well deserved one. This tutorial has been at the top of my to-do list since my super-cool sister-in-law posted it around the first of the year, so I finally decided to turn that part of my to-do list into a to-done! It's amazing how accomplished a bit of sewing has made me feel....and it surprised me how much I've missed my little sewing machine.


Not wanting to stray too far from the inspiration bag, I pulled out my yellow-striped Ikea fabric and got to work. The only change I made was to make it a cross-body bag (since my mom introduced me to this style at Christmas I've never looked back...nothing is better for a busy mom). I also decided that this bag was the perfect place to use my stash of orange and yellow goose fabric that I'd been saving. If you look closely, you can see the bag has a pocket inside that is perfectly sized for my favorite new piece of technology.



From to-do into Ta-DA!

2 comments:

Annee said...

Oh man now I feel like I need a yellow one too! Your pictures turned out so cheerful and beautiful. I invented the tutorial and yet your pictures make me feel like I need to sew something. Thanks.

Sean and Rachel said...

I'm in love with this bag! This is Rachel Edwards BTW. I was actually wondering if I could buy one of your awesome diaper bags that you make. I love mine and a good friend of mine is having baby #5 and I know she would love something new for this baby. Could you let me know your prices?

Also, when Tani and Kim were visiting we took them to this cute cupcake shop here and I snapped a bunch of pictures for you to get ideas (not that you need any!)

Anyways if you could email me that would be great!

mrs.edwards2@gmail.com