Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's Garbage Day Today

Well here's a point for nurture verses nature. Never had a boy before John who loved trucks, and now I have two? This picture reminds me a bit of an I-Spy picture. How many garbage trucks can you count?



A divine cure for my January Blues came this weekend via lovely weather in the high seventies here on the central coast. We spent the weekend playing in the toy ice cream truck, taking rides on the power wheel jeep, and generally just enjoying the sunny days.

And what have I been busy doing? Trying to find the silver lining in this:



Yeah, if I want to actually feel my fingers, this little baby is part of my life pretty much 24/7. So, the silver (or striped or argyle) lining:



Fun little covers made from socks, old sweaters and baby legwarmers. Now I have an instant accessory for every outfit. Built in, you might say.

And if that doesn't make your day, try this:



Nothing like popcorn and pink m&m's to bring you out of the January Blues.

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

joeandcarole said...

Your brace covers are so stylish and the pink m&m's and popcorn are very clever and certainly uplifting. I could go for that.
You are much too clever and creative with your decorations. We love the surprise that comes with coming to your house during a new month/season to see what will be adoring your piano, book cases, and table. Always amazing.

Happy January!

fawndear said...

My sis-in-law Kiwi sent me here. I too have had to don the bondage device of ugliness in order to feel my hands. Love your suggestions on adding some color to it.
Tootles,
FawnDear